Creative challenges allow students to express themselves and engage with new subject matter in a whole new way. Creative projects also help you, the teacher, understand how well students can apply information. Students can now customize, create, and solve their own mazes to challenge themselves and the class!
Build a maze and get creative with friends.
Apply knowledge of coding concepts learned along the Kodable journey.
Share creations with the class. Give love to your favorite mazes!
Modify mazes from your classmates.
Return after more experience and exposure to see what new coding concepts have been unlocked.
5 Kodable Maze Maker Mini-Challenges
- Have students draw out and plan their mazes on paper before rolling through the online Maze Maker. Make sure if students are using conditions to write their “if-then rules” for getting through their maze.
- Students can practice writing instructions or “rules” to their maze so others will know what to look for.
- Tie-in math by counting how many squares were used in specific parts of the code or exploring and drawing shapes.
- Create & design a maze with a partner. Switch devices to solve (and save!) the unique mazes. Have students make and solve at home!
- Allow each student to write a review of another student’s maze, then modify it to make a second iteration.