We often hear that many want to get started teaching programming, but are a little confused as to what concepts to teach. Should I start with Sequence? How do I teach conditions? Where do I go from here? This week, we reached out to the #KidsCanCode community and came up with a ton of answers as to what programming concepts to include in your coding curriculum.
- Q1: What coding concepts do you teach your elementary students?
- Q2: What is the best programming concept to start with when teaching beginners?
- Q3: What programming concepts and corresponding activities are best suited for grades 3-5?
- Q4: How do you decide what coding concepts to include in your programming curriculum or coding club?
- Q5: SHARE: An elementary coding concept you connected with a core academic subject
- Q6: (PART 1) Share a programming concept you wish you knew more about.
- Q6: (PART 2) How will you learn more about this coding concept? Suggested resources?
What do you want to chat about next week?
We are always taking suggestions for #KidsCanCode Chat topics. If you have an idea, take a moment to share it with us –> #KidsCanCode Chat Suggestions
Join us for #KidsCanCode Education Chat EVERY Tuesday 8pm EST#KidsCanCode Chat: Programming Concepts for Elementary by Grechen Huebner